WordPress is currently the most used CMS in the world, having a blog is now relatively easy, there are hundreds of tutorials for creating a page with wordpress and guides that we can use to greatly facilitate our work, so today I would like to discuss with you some important points when optimizing our work with WordPress and create SEO with wordpress.
One of the most important foundations for a website using wordpress is the traffic, it is always better to have large numbers of users accessing then to have a page that nobody visits, with a few small tricks or better tips you can achieve great wordpress seo and get an optimal site for search engines, we can not forget that our main concern should be visitors so we must respect the line between usability and SEO.
- The content is probably the basis of any page, whether a blog or a simple web portal promoting your business.
Create unique and relevant content, do not try to copy or imitate styles, be yourself, talk about things that you like or what you know, do not be afraid to express yourself and certainly do not look like a robot, it is important to take the time to write a good entry, of course, a book is not created in two days for the same reason take your time to talk about something or explain something.
Unique content is very valuable for search engines and even though duplicate content is not penalized for if it is true that we will achieve great rankings if we create our own content, unique, descriptive and all the information we collect, so take your time and write something meaningful.
- Use descriptive titles to give some information to both search engines and users.
Thing of when a user performs a search on google the first thing you see is the title of your post, so you should have some correlation with SEO and usability, a descriptive title for both search engines and users, integrating relevant words on the subject of you’re trying to communicate.
- Include keywords in your content, this part is very important, make certain density in your post about the words that you want to position yourself.
It goes without saying that a high density on a single word is counterproductive, do not fill a post with key words but you have to collate them in your posts, do so naturally you are not talking about a topic and insert a keyword, all this would do is confuse the user.
- Optimize your images including alt tags, you must insert a small description of each ALT tag of your images so that search engines know what kind of image it is and where to position it.
The images are a great source of food for search engines and also a good source of traffic, this traffic could also be of quality since the user knows exactly what you want and where now to find it.
- Set your Permalinks correctly, it can help to use Pretty URLs for search engines to find content quickly.
This will not only help search engines but also improve the usability of your website, www.myweb.com/?=3513241 is not the same as www.myweb.com url / description-of-my-post
- Create and submit your sitemap to major search engines.
Although many people forget this tool it is known that sitemaps help search engines to quickly locate content, it is possible that search engines take too long to find your new post then a sitemap will help them index your site faster.
- Optimize your Title tag, Description, Keywords, although for quite some time search engines do not give importance to these labels, however it is a good reference when displaying your content.
You can use different plugins that will save you much time such as All In One SEO or Ultimate SEO.