For $11.99 Apple has entered the foray of on line music streaming services. So what does Apple TV music provide?
For one it offers a superb family sharing deal. Below we list the key points of this service.
- Apple is a world leader, this pretty much guarantees that subscription-based streaming music is not going anywhere.
- Beats 1 and DJ Zane Lowe played a key role in its introduction, bringing lots of publicity to its launch event, offers minimal advertisement.
- So far offers experimental music, no chart toppers yet.
- Streaming is offered via AAC format at 256Kbits/sec available for iOS 8.4 devices.
- Yes works on PC’s running iTunes.
- Family Sharing costs $17.99 per month, allows 5 additional Apple ID’s, all 6 users can make purchases from same CC.
- iTunes Match can host up to 250,000 from your personal library on the cloud, for $34 per year, however it is free if you have an Apple Music subscription.
- Offers superb playlists.
- Artists can use Connect feature, a social media service.
- So far users cannot visit artists page from listening to song.
- So far no Android or Sonos support, although Apple thinks it will be available sometime in 2015.