Sony rolls out Android 5.0 Lollipop upgrade for Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony has begun to upgrade its key smartphones that are currently in the market to Android 5.0 aka Lollipop.
The upgrade will see a “mixed” version of lollipop and Sony software, the company claims these new features:
- Fresh, streamlined looks – based on Google’s material design, but retaining our minimalistic approach to interface and application design
- New look notifications and lock screen – with fully customizable settings, so you only get the information you really need
- Multi user profiles and guest mode – making it easy for family and friends to use your device, or the creation of dual environments for work and play…
- Android for Work – not only are business-ready Xperia smartphones and tablets unique devices for work – with waterproof form factors, great battery life and productivity features – they will now also be part of the Android for Work ecosystem
- Better storage control and customisation – with the option to easily move applications from internal memory to SD card – giving you more control over your content, particularly useful for devices with slightly less space