Simple trick to customize the login screen of OS X Yosemite
This tutorial is for those users who like to customize their OSX operating system, this time we will tell you how to customize the login screen in OS X Yosemite.
The first step is to choose the image you will use, which must be in PNG format.
It will be necessary to identify the appropriate resolution of your computer, here’s a guide:
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (13 inches) – 2560 x 1600
- MacBook Pro with Retina display (15 inches) – 2880 x 1800
- MacBook Pro – 1280 x 800
- MacBook Air (11-inch) – 1366 x 768
- MacBook Air (13-inch) – 1280 x 800
- iMac (21-inch) – 1920 x 1080
- iMac (27-inch) – 2560 x 1440
- 5K iMac with Retina display – 5120 x 2880
Now we rename our image to this:
Then we go to the Finder and head to(while pressing the keys: cmd + shift + g ).
In the window that appears we must enter the following:
/ Library / Caches /
and then we will see the original image, all we then have to do is copy and save it in another folder, to have as backup.
Then we put the new image in this same folder and for the last step we need to log off the user or restart the Mac, so you see the changes made.
As you can see it is a very simple tutorial, but many of you will be pleased to give your Mac a more personal touch.