Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge specs and pricing
Samsung is gearing up for the March 5 release date of its much anticipated Samsung S7 and S7 Edge and if pre ordered you will also get a free Gear VR headset.
The S7 is priced at £569 and the S7 edge is £639, and are available to pre-order from Samsung here.
So what are the main advantages ?
- The S7 features an IP68 rating which Samsung is pitching at water-resistant and a Micro-SD card slot which can take up to 200GB cards.
- Colours include Black Onyx, Gold Platinum and the edge will also come in Silver Titanium – although we saw a regular model in this colour at the launch event.
- 3000mAh battery for the S7 and 3600mAh on the edge model.
- The regular handset still has a 5.1in SuperAMOLED screen with a Quad HD (1440×2560) resolution so Samsung clearly doesn’t think we need 4K on a phone like Sony does.
- Meanwhile, the Galaxy S7 edge display has got bigger at 5.5in (still Quad HD) which suggests we won’t see a larger Galaxy S7 edge+ model unless it is really huge.
- As with previous Samsung phones there will be two processors powering the Galaxy S7 – not at the same time, for different markets.
- One will have an Exynos 8890 chip and one with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. Either way you’ll get 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage.
- The Galaxy S7 models have a 12Mp shooter, not 16Mp as previously.
- The front camera for all you selfie fans is still 5Mp but also has that f/1.7 aperture. Samsung says its the first phone with a Dual Pixel sensor.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow and TouchWiz are pre-loaded with new features including that aforementioned always on display.