last February came to market a laptop promised to be a sensation in the world of gaming, a promise that has been fulfilled as its sales went sky high. This is the Razer Blade, a laptop that was introduced by its spectacular creators of accessories and components for computers, mostly dedicated to video games. Well today, well today Razer shows us the second generation of the Blade, keeping the same spectacular design but completely renewed inside.
What is most striking about the Razer Blade at first glance is that wonderful backlit keyboard that is accompanied by a small multitouch panel for menus and options in games and special buttons for in-game commands. However, its specifications are more than just amazing, so in this second generation it has been even more surprising, as you will notice from the list of features.
New Razer Blade Features
- 17.3-inch display with resolution of 1080 (Full HD).
- Processor Intel Core i7 quad-core and generation Ivy Bridge.
- RAM 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
- Graphics Card NVidia GeForce GTX 660M .
- Hybrid Storage from a disk drive (HDD) 500 GB 7200 RPM and a solid drive (SSD) of 64 GB for the system.
- Backlit keyboard.
- Multitouch screen and directed to commands buttons in video games.
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0. HDMI output.
- WiFi connectivity and Bluetooth 4.0
- New ventilation system for cooling laptop components.
The main differences with its predecessor is in the change of an Intel Core i7 from a dual core for a quad-core, in addition the storage capacity has changed from SSD over a hybrid drive, so the file storage software will be installed separately. Also, changed was the NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M for the new GeForce GTX 660M.
Finally, Razer was widely criticized for its high price as its first model cost no less than $2,799. However, in this second generation they have lowered its cost and will go on sale for $2499.
Razer Those of us give a little “ preview ” in the video below, on the eve of its market launch this coming September 30 in the United States.