According to XDA, there is a new Android TV box that is said to be a real contender, apparently this new device is powered by a powerful Tegra X1 ARM SoC, dubbed the “SHIELD” is said to allow users use it to watch TV and game.
More important this new device is capable of streaming 4K content, and works with existing SHIELD gaming accessories.
XDA is also reporting that Nvidia has partnered with game developers to take advantage of its X1 processor and so far has these titles lined up Crysis 3, Doom 3: BFG Edition, Borderlands 2, Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, The Talos Principle, Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance and Resident Evil 5 amongst others.
Here is a full specs of the New Tegra X1 Powered Android TV Box
- NVIDIA Tegra X1 Processor with 256-core Maxwell GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 4K Ultra-HD Ready with 4K playback and capture up to 60fps (VP9, H265, H264)
- Audio Features: 7.1 and 5.1 surround sound pass through over HDMI, High-resolution audio playback up to 24-bit/192kHz over HDMI and USB, High-resolution audio upsample to 24-bit/192hHz over USB
- 16GB on board storage, MicroSD slot supporting 128GB
- Wireless: 802.11ac 2×2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth: 4.1/BLE
- Interfaces: Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI 2.0, Two USB 3.0 (Type A), Micro-USB 2.0
- IR Receiver (compatible with Logitech Harmony)