If you upgraded your iPhone to iOS 8.1.2 and you want to downgrade to iOS 8.1.1, we tell you how to do it
With the recent arrival of iOS 8.1.2 many users have updated their mobile devices and, even though it is one of the most stable versions that Apple has released of its iOS 8.
One of the reasons why you may want to downgrade iOS 8.1.2 to iOS 8.1.1 could be to jailbreak your device, although by luck TAIG team rushed to release the tool to Jailbreak the iPhone and iPad with iOS 8.1.2 and prior ones, just as there may be other reasons as possible problems of device performance. Anyway bug fixes in version 8.1.2 are minimal and the only thing that would ibe of interest is to get recover tunes purchased by iTunes.
Guide for downgrading iOS 8.1.2 to iOS 8.1.1 on iPhone and iPad
The downgrade process is quite simple, just would have to follow the steps that we will describe below:
- Download iOS 8.1.1 from the list that you find at the end of this post, be sure to download the correct file or iTunes will not allow you to make the change.
- Make a backup of your device, either in iTunes or iCloud, never lose sight that something can go wrong and you could end up needing it.
- Connect the device to PC or Mac.
- Open iTunes.
- Now, hold down the left SHIFT key on the PC or the option key ( alt marked with letters) on Mac.
- Select Restore iPhone and select the restore file we downloaded in step 1 .
Links to download iOS 8.1.1
The following is a list of links that allow you to download iOS version 8.11 for all models of iPhone,Ipad and iPod touch.
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiF)
- iPad Air 2 (6th generation Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad Air (5th generation WiFi)
- iPad Air (5th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation CDMA)
- iPad (4th generation GSM)
- iPad (4th generation WiFi)
- iPad mini (CDMA)
- iPad mini (GSM)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi + Cellular)
- iPad mini 2 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 2 (CDMA)
- iPad mini 3 (China)
- iPad mini 3 (WiFi)
- iPad mini 3 (Cellular)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi (3rd generation)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (GSM)
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular (CDMA)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Rev A)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (CDMA)
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5c (CDMA)
- iPhone 5c (GSM)
- iPhone 5s (CDMA)
- iPhone 5s (GSM)
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 4s
- iPod touch (5th generation)