Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X, Benchmarks
This 2013 NVIDIA has imposed its law twice, proving that extreme monoGPU solutions is king in this market. They did it with the GeForce GTX 780 and Titan earlier this year and now, after the attempted assault to power of the new AMD Radeon 290x R9, NVIDIA has resubmitted its maximum power, the GeForce GTX 780 Ti, which of time is the fastest in the market monoGPU card.
Let’s look at the technical details of the card:
- 28nm GK110 to 1.020/1.085 MHz Core
- Gpixels fillrate of 48.96 / s and 244.8 GTexels / s
- 3 GB of GDDR5 384-bit bus
- Memory at 7,000 MHz with a Bandwidth of 336 GB / s
- 2880 Stream Processors
- 48 ROP units
- 240 textures applied per clock
- Hardware supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.3
- TDP:> 250 W
It is clear that the specifications on paper are one thing and reality is another. A GeForce GTX 780 Ti reference should operate at 875 MHz and 928 MHz in Turbo, however in reality the card runs at 1,020 MHz before seeing a decrease in consumption due to a temperature limit.
With the Gigabyte GTX 780 TI WindForce 3X we see something similar, the manufacturer says that the card runs at 1,020 MHz and 1,085 MHz with turbo. In practice the core runs at 1150 MHz, and lowers its frequency when it reaches 80 ° C and its consumption limit set by monitoring several games.
If on paper the role of Gigabyte was to see a little more than 16 % increase, we see that such practice had 1,020 to 1,150 MHz , an increase that is less than 13% , but still a good level of overclock and if we consider the high working frequencies we are seeing . The average maximum quality and resolution of the gain between the reference model and the alternative of Gigabyte us round 9% , a figure that is quite significant , since in many cases the models with serial ranges overclock 5 % improvement .
This card compared with a reference GTX 780 we see an increase by as much as 26 %.
Test equipment :
- Intel Core i7- 4770K @ 3,4 GHz
- Motherboard MSI Z87 – GD65 Gaming
- G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz Ares
- EVO Samsung SSD 840 500 GB
- Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 800 W
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti reference
- Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X
Software used :
- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1
- GeForce 331.70 beta drivers for the GTX 780 Ti
- Intel chipset drivers v9 . 4 . 0 . 1027
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X: 3DMark benchmark
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X: Crysis Warhead benchmark
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WINDFORCE 3X: Metro 2033 benchmark