There is no doubt the expression is at last! More than a year of rumors most of them unfounded and almost three since the dawn of the first “hints”, Canon has unveiled this morning the specifics of its most anticipated camera. Its predecessor, the Canon EOS 5D MII that has become an icon for photographers of all the world for their pictures and videos, it was the first SLR with which you could record a movie … And looked good.
The pressure for the Japanese brand had to be large, to find a way to improve the most desired camera in the world features, and had to be quite overwhelming, that have taken over three years to prepare. The result has been a huge camera, as was his predecessor, but no major surprises. Canon has built one of the best cameras ever been made??, but has not left us open-mouthed.
Next we will discuss in depth the new Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Much improved noise management, quality photos in low light.
- Improved Zoom.
- Audio input for recording video.
- Nothing surprising about the video recording.
- The price is still very high.
Pricing and Availability:
EOS 5D Mark III available from end of March 2012, priced at £2999.99 / €3569.99 RRP including VAT.
The EOS 5D Mark III will be available to touch and try on the Canon stand at the Focus on Imaging Show 2012 4th March to 7th March 2012, NEC Birmingham.
Note that the new EOS 5D MkIII is an addition to the Canon EOS lineup. For the time being, the EOS 5D MkII will not be discontinued, but the price listed will be reduced.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III – Key features:
- 22.3 Megapixel full-frame sensor
- 61-point autofocus
- Up to 6fps continuous shooting
- Native ISO 100-25,600 sensitivity
- Full HD video with manual control
- 14-bit DIGIC 5+ processor
- Enhanced Weather sealing
- 8.11cm (3.2-inch) 1,040,000-dot screen
- HDR mode with presets