Normally I do not write about news from AMD, but today I could not resist because today represents a new chapter in the Fusion age era. We now have updated the award-winning Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) Series C and E to ultra-thin laptops, netbooks and all-in-one (in one) desktop PCs. This is good news for consumers seeking the best performance, increased capacity, high-definition graphics, memory and battery life for mobile platforms, including the whole range of computers. Commented Nigel Dessau, AMD’s Director of Marketing
In addition to this news, I thought of sharing what I call the top 10 Fusion list
- Overall, AMD has increased by 50% the amount of notebook designs compared to previous generation AMD platform. To date, AMD has won more than 300 design awards (laptop, desktop etc) based on AMD’s Fusion family of APUs.
- We have seen an increase of 57% from one year to another in notebook design for major manufacturers (HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer, MSI, Toshiba, Asus, Sony and Samsung).
- The APU AMD Fusion Series x120e in the Lenovo ThinkPad is one of the top business laptops have been seen between distributors for SMEs, exceeding the forecast of demand.
- HP, Acer, Lenovo, Toshiba, Samsung and ASUS have portable platform based on Llano available (currently U.S. only).
- The popular HP DV6 based APU Series is available in the U.S. at Amazon.com and at Best Buy that included the Toshiba L750 C770 laptop.
- AMD has sold nearly 12 million APU units, and sold over five million of the popular C and E Series APU’s in the second half of 2011.
- It launched the APU Z Series of AMD Fusion to enable the industry’s best video and graphics experience for tablets. With the launch of the APU Series notebook and desktop computers in June 2011 completed the planned range of APUs for 2011
- 11 major notebook vendors are developing products with the AMD Fusion APU.
- The AMD APUs have won over 35 industry awards (Series A = 20 awards, Series C and E = 15 awards) for silicon innovation, performance and design APU manufacturers using AMD Fusion APU .
- If you want to get the world’s most stunning graphics on your laptop (Who would not?), You need a leading graphics processor from AMD.
Are you in the Fusion Era?
Incoming search terms:
- because you know ı amd all about